Saturday, November 26, 2011

SS0 Waiting for Santa


Wow, it's been a while since I have posted a card. Life has been busy, but, here I am with a new card just for Stampin' Sisterhood Challenge SSO. The card is to use this picture as an inspiration.


When I looked at the picture, I thought of Christmas Eve, shiny lights and music. Well, I dug through my forgotten stamps and here is what I came up with for the challenge. First, I found this tree scene with the warm fire. It is Waiting for Santa from Close to My Heart, some years back. The sentiment is also a CTMH from the Christmas Wishes set.  I have this wonderful stack of The Christmas Combo from DCWV 2010 just beckoning me to use it on this project. I cut the circle from a Spellbinders die to go with the circle theme that I was inspired from the picture. I also used the Spellbinders Lacy Squares for my stamped image. Various markers (Copic, CTMH, and Stampin Up) were used along with watercolor pencils from Faber Castell. Thanks stopping by my little blog. Have a great day.

2 comments:

  1. Joan, what a lovely take on the inspiration for SSO, your scene looks so warm and inviting and is colored just beautifully. Really like the paper and the layout with the circle behind the square, a lovely card. Blessings for a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your creation! That image is WONDERFUL!! Thank you SO much for joining the Sisterhood! Have an AWESOME day!




    Enjoy Life~Javablustamper/Jacquie

    ReplyDelete