Monday, March 20, 2017

(Not So) Moody Blues! challenge with Impression Obsession

Happy Spring

Once again, spring has arrived. It is absolutely beautiful here in the mid-west. Little frost browned petals are floating about, today. It is such a shame that we had a bad frost and freezing temperatures a few days ago and it totally browned all the white budded trees. Oh well, spring has sprung. 

I am back with another (sigh) hydrangea card for the (Not So) Moody Blues! Impression Obsession blog challenge. 



I have very few Impression Obsession stamp sets, so I chose my favorite Hydrangea Dies for this challenge. I love the look of this card. I first started by water coloring a piece of water color paper with CTMH Dutch Blue ink. I then used my Misti for the correct placement of my sentiment from the Gardening CL630 set. I first stamped the sentiment in Dutch Blue, then with Versamark Embossing Ink and used a clear embossing powder over the sentiment. I then cut a grassy border using DIE60-I in the same green as my flower stem and leaves. I didn't have enough shades of blue paper, so I dug into a stash of paint chip cards. It was a Sherwin-Williams collection with 4 shades of blue. I only used three of the shades. My main flower head was Something Borrowed and the darker petals were Blue Azores. The lighter blue petals are North Holland Blue. LOL, Wow, I didn't look at the color names until now. Guess they go with my CTMH Dutch Blue ink. Thanks for stopping by my little blog. 


4 comments:

  1. Simply beautiful!! I love the grass you added at the bottom and that wonderful sentiment.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same thing happened here with our weather. I am sure a lot of plants will suffer from it this year:(
    This is gorgeous. Love all those delicate intricate flowers making up the large hydrangea! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an absolutely gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete