Thursday, September 27, 2012

School Days

Yes, I am back for a 3rd time today. I have had the whole day to play.

I found a fun challenge at Stampin Sisterhood with an inspiration photo.



  So, I went digging through my stamp and paper collections to see what I could come up with for the challenge. So, this is what I ended up creating.
I started out with the little girl called Miss August from DOTS, now CTMH. Wow, this stamp is old and I know that I bought it used from an online seller. I colored her with my Copic markers, cut her out and popped her up with pop dots. I decided to make a tag, stamped it with an tiny alphabet cluster (thanks Piali), added some ink around the corners and add the inked school paper banners. I used a Darice Wood Grain embossing folder for my card. Added a strip of elementary lined writing paper, inked it a bit with some brown and used Kraft paper to make it pop off the red card.
Now, this was a fun project for me and totally different. This is why a love challenges because they take me away from my comfort zone. (I am usually a flower card person). Thanks, Stampin Sisterhood for another fun challenge.

Thanks for stopping by today. Have a great day.

Joan

2 comments:

  1. Sweet card!! Love how you used that stamp!! Great work Joan!!
    Hugs~
    Piali.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your playtime was super productive! Great coloring, dimension, colors, and love that dry embossed red layer...yum :) Fantastic card, Joan.

    ReplyDelete