Saturday, March 28, 2015

NEVER GIVE UP- 1st 5K

I did my FIRST EVER 5k run today.  
This is a big accomplishment for me.

Wow, it was a chilly 29 degrees. The cold air just hurt my lungs... I never ran a 5k, nor did I train for one, so I was just winging it today. My hands and feet were cold, but I pushed through. I didn't know how to pace myself, so I watched a lady in front of me. I kept her in sight for the first 2 miles. Once we got into a few turns and onto a different street, I lost sight. But, I couldn't or wouldn't let myself slip to a slower pace.  I averaged 11 1/2 min miles. The total mileage, because they had us do a final lap around the track, was 3.31 miles. I did it in 38.12 mins. I finished 1st in the women50 and up group. I feel awesome about something I thought I couldn't do. This was on my wish list back when I was 50. Now I want to train to lower my time and run with my son, Tim.



2 comments: