Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Friends are special treasures

Hi blogger friends. Sorry it has been so long since I last posted. 2018 was very hectic, busy and sad.
In April we moved from St. Louis, MO to Gilbert, AZ to be near my one and only granddaughter. Yes, I am the Mon-Fri 6:30-4:00 pm babysitter. Needless to say, I currently don't have much time for my cards. My husband also retired in May, so now I am hanging around with him more.
 My Mother passed away in August and I am still mourning her loss. She was my best friend and my best critic of my scrapbooking and cardmaking.
My craft room is finally to my liking. I have reorganized it at least 4 times since I moved here.
I left behind a fabulous group of crafty women, who were like my sisters. So I guess I am mourning that loss, too.
Enter 2019. I promised myself to be more creative. I went through my 6 boxes of cards that I had made and shipped 2 big boxes to some friends. Another box of cards is going to my best girlfriend, with tons of tags, die cut and stamped images, etc. I sorted through my unfinished cards and got started on completing them. I made 6 new cards to go out to people who didn't know we had moved. Then I found a few bits and piece and threw together this card.

Thanks for stopping by my little blog. Have a blessed day!

Joan V.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Joan! It's exciting to see you blogging again! With FaceBook, and Instagram, I think that less and less blogs will be posting in the future. I'm so sorry you've had such a rough year. We don't want to redo the last year, but ours seems mild compared to yours. My mom passed in 1999, but she would have easily been my number one fan. I still miss her so much. I'll be thinking of you. How exciting that you are getting to be an every day grandma! We have to travel to D.C. or Sacramento to see ours. We miss them terribly! I'll be thinking of you, and sending prayers and positive thoughts for a great 2019. OH! I guess I need to tell you what a pretty card this is! I love the scalloped edge! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess I will switch to posting on fb or Instagram.

      Delete
  2. Hi Joan, sorry to hear about your mom. Glad to see you creating again and in warm weather as well. Lots of people still blog but put the link in FB posts. Mine are far and few between anymore as well. Hope this is a better year for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sherry. I am not of a fan of Instagram, but I will try the fb route.

      Delete