Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Great Impressions Jan 2013 Challenge

It's a wonderful day to get creative. It's cold here (12 degrees brrrr..) so I took myself and a cup of tea to my Girl Cave. Hahaha.
 Great Impressions has a great sketch by Erin Taylor for the monthly challenge.

So, I turned on my portable heater ( my craft area is in the basement) and pulled out a few stamps and got to work.

I chose Great Impression stamps Buford Feeling Poorly G183 and TLC B226 . I paired this up with Basic Grey's " Out of Print" 6x6 paper. I did some sewing on the base part of the card and the stamped image cardstock. Then I paper pieced the blanket on Buford. 
 I used Olive cardstock from Close To My Heart and the scalloped border punch to finish off the edge of the olive. I found some cute washi tape from Recollections (Micheal's) to use on my banner. I tried to stamp with Memento Ink on the washi, but it just rubbed right off. So, I used my Staz'On Jet Black ink and let it dry for 5 minutes  before I continued playing with the banner.  
 I then punched out 3 of the little circles from the printed Basic Grey paper to make my little embellishments on the banner. Once I glued those on, I put liquid glass on them to give it a little bit of glossy texture.  I thought that if I were to send this to a guy, I couldn't put bling on it, so the dots work just fine.
I finished off the inside with a little strip of the printed paper. 
Thanks for stopping by. Hope you all stay well during this flu season. 
Have a great day.

Joan V.
http://greatimpressionsstamps.blogspot.com/2013/01/january-challenge-will-you-be-our-next.html

4 comments:

  1. Hi Joan!!

    I A-dore this card! A perfectly balanced creation with beautiful papers and coloring. Super take on the sketch as well!

    Hugs!

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet get well card-love the image you used-thanks for playing along with the Great Impressions Stamps sketch challenge -you worked the sketch well

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally cute! I love your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH one of my fave GI stamps! Thanks for sharing it with us at Great Impressions! ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete