Thursday, January 10, 2013

Just Because FLLCJAN13

I am not one for Valentine's Day cards, but I decided to challenge myself with the Flourishes Love Letters challenge. So, do you all remember being young and buying those BIG greeting cards? Well, I decided to make my husband a BIG card so that I could practice my mixed media art. LOL. So, this is nothing fancy, I just wanted to have fun with my stamps, inks, paints and dies.

I drew the heart free handed. I used actual water colors from a pallet then I masked around it so that I could stamp with the bouquet of flowers from one of the new release sets Winter Blossoms. I used another stamp from the set in the corners.
Then I used the "Just Because" set for the sentiments.
I did some doodling around the heart, too. 
The butterflies are from Stamp"Up and the other greenery is from a cricut cartridge.
I love trying new things and I have been participating the Creative JumpStart 2013. So, this is the result of learning new things. LOL. Hey, it's art.  This card is BIG enough for me to frame for my hubby after Valentin's Day. This will be a constant reminder to him that I DO play with my stamps and art stash.
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by. 


2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely fantastic!! Such a clever use of your stamps and the colours are so vibrant, I love that it's not tooo valentiney.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great mixed media project! Love that stamped shaped heart! Creative design! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Flourishes this month Joan!

    ReplyDelete